Invalid Product. Process terminated

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

afgoody

Registered
Reaction score
I'm using OceanLog 2.2.5 and 8/10 times I get this error when I try to download my dives from my Atom 2.0 - "Invalid Product. Process terminated." Ocassionally, I get a "Starting Handshake" followed shortly by a "Timed Out." I've had this problem off and on for the first 23 dives I've logged with my Atom 2.0 and previous versions of OceanLog (including 2.2.5 most recently). But, it seems like my chances of getting a successful sync continue to decrease. I'm running Vista and before anyone asks, yes, I'm following the directions as I always have.

Does anyone else have this problem and/or know how to fix it?

Thanks,
Adam

At this point, I can no longer successfully sync with my PDC. I always get the "Invalid Product. Process terminated" message. I've confirmed with a friend who has the Atom 2.0 and another who has the Geo and both are having the same problems with syncing.

Oceanic, do you monitor this forum for problems?

In windows add or remove programs find the entry for Oceanlog and have it do a repair reinstall. This has helped a few of us that had problems after the initial install or upgrade.

I gave it a try, but I still have the same problem. Anyone else. How about an Oceanic rep?

I had this issue just last weekend. I tinkered with it for a while, and finally uninstalled oceanlog, then reinstalled and it works now. Before this issue, I ended up losing about 30 of my logged dives during a messed up download. Not exactly sure what occurred, and I think I may have had something to do with it, but the download issue was fixed when I reinstalled the program. I'm not convinced the program/Atom II is all that stable from what I keep hearing.

Hope this helps.

Doug, I called and it turned out to be a weak battery. After swapping, the Atom syncs right up. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom