Introduce Yourself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DCBC

Banned
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
As this is a new section on SB, I thought that it might be appropriate to get to know one another:

I'm a past Navy diving officer with the Canadian Navy; serving most of my time at DCIEM. I've instructed commercial diving and have worked offshore for a number of companies doing saturation. Over the past 38 years, I've been a diver, supervisor and diving superintendent. I'm currently semi-retired, working as a diving project consultant to Big Oil.

My name is Matt. I live in Concord, CA. My diving background is some ab diving as a kid and some free diving when I lived in Hawaii 20 years ago. I have never been certified by any agency. I started my hull cleaning business in 1994 as a part-time gig while working nights. Five years later I quit the night job to concentrate on the hull cleaning biz. I currently sit on the Board of Directors of the California Professional Divers Association, a non-profit organization advocating for hull cleaners and certifying California divers, marina staff, law enforcement and other stakeholders in the use of the only set of State-recognized in-water hull cleaning Best Management Practices.

Greetings all. I'm a commercial diver up here in the Great White North. Glad to have this forum available to us so thanks to all who put this together. I'm not much for typing right now as I had a long day in the water but my profile page tells all. Dive safe.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hola! From Northern Mexico...... no wait, is California in Mexico or the United States????

Any way, I am a Civil Engineer with certification and experience in Commercial Diving, Emergency Medicine and Scientific research diving (see profile). I think it is cool that a seporate forum for Commercial Diving questions and topics has been opened. It will cut down on the negative remarks from the DIR/Tech divers as when questions were posted under the Technical diving forum (or not).

Ha Ha Ha! Working as a really over educate construction inspector. :cool2: High and dry unfortunately. :depressed:

I'm also a retired Canadian Navy Clearance Diver. Used to do commercial work on the side. Now own a dive shop. Don't do much commercial work anymore, but I do have the unenviable task of servicing a lot of the local fish farm divers gear. (Stinky)
Can't wait for someone to start a "deep air is bad" thread in this section.:popcorn:

Cheers,
Scott

Greetings from Sarasota, Fl. I've been diving commercially one way or another for the last 20 years, the last ten years scrubbing boat hulls and pulling props.

Been diving commercially since 1998. I'm in Florida, but been all over. Did some inland stuff, some nuke work, some oil rig stuff. Work is slow these days.

Hi All,

Chris here.

Started diving off Durban, SA with all kinds of thrown together patched up gear. Did a gig in the SADF Simons Town and Lenz, and got all tweaked up. I have been bouncing around the recreational dive market, now teaching Rebreathers mostly. Last commercial gig was the Dockbuilders Local 1456 Tristate Area, things started going South around 2002when we couldn't get steel for shuttering or coffer dams and the Chinese were buying up all of the available scrap, concrete and everything else.

Now I am looking forward to living and diving the Dolce Vite in Mallorca.

Back
Top Bottom