Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donburde

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello all, I have been OW PADI Cert since 1985. I have done a couple of a hundred dives over the years. I started a relationship with a "non-diver" in 2000. Unfortunately, when your spouse doesn't dive and you do, you see limited dive time :( ... well, I have some good news, after many years, I finally convinced her to take the plunge into Open Water Cert. She loved it. She wants to go again and again. I really didn't want her exuberance to exceed her ability so I suggested to her that we complete the AOW together. She is loving it. I have experience with all of the adventure dives we selected to complete our AOW, she does not. I feel much better having a certified PADI DM leading us on these dives even though I have done them all. We have done UW NAV, and S and R so far. In the upcoming week we have Enriched, night, deep and wreck. She's so excited and we are both getting the right training to do the more advanced dives. We are both signing up for rescue next week. One you get the bug, it's hard to get rid of. Excited.

Great news!
Welcome to ScubaBoard! There is no end of useful forums to visit. You might occasionally need a thick skin, but start posting and enjoy. It's a great place to learn, whether or not you post.
Again, welcome!
Dive Safely!

Better late than never! Welcome and enjoy!

Well, the first one I'm booking is a live aboard to the dry tortugas :)

Huh? I did not know that was a dive location? I've been there fishing and swimming over the years, but never dove?

Huh? I did not know that was a dive location? I've been there fishing and swimming over the years, but never dove?
Yep, they do spear fishing, lobster dives and scuba. I heard about it last year when I went to Fort Jefferson and camped / fished / snorkeled last year for 4 nights. I was really looking for a day trip but the park rangers explained to me that the only boats you find that come "out here" are the live aboards. It wouldn't be profitable for a day boat to come out, they'd have to charge too much and you'd spend the better half of your day getting there and back... there are several sites that offer it, I just didn't want to post links in here as I'm not that familiar with the forum rules yet. If I'm allowed to post them, I will.

Easy, beautiful and enjoyable?
An all-inclusive at Divi Flamingo Bonaire.
Four to five dives a day, great food and wonderful wildlife. Warm. Nice walk into Kragendijk for a nice dinner off the reservation. Pretty close to perfect if you want to spur your bride's enthusiasm.

Easy, beautiful and enjoyable?
An all-inclusive at Divi Flamingo Bonaire.
Four to five dives a day, great food and wonderful wildlife. Warm. Nice walk into Kragendijk for a nice dinner off the reservation. Pretty close to perfect if you want to spur your bride's enthusiasm.
In due time my friend, LOL. After her OW, both of our AOW, Rescue and all new equipment, that trip might be a little heavy on the wallet LOL... The allure of the tortuga trip is we can drive to key west in a few hours. Were about 90 minutes from key Largo.

Dry-Tortugas.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom