Intro....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Quick intro. Just started diving in the last few months. Live in Ventura, CA. Got into diving because I was sick of burning my back on snorkel trips. Just got back from Oahu and had some great dives there! However, I now know how much vis and temp suck at the Channel Islands. But I wouldn't trade the kelp for the tropics. Any how, thats the down and dirty.

Welcome from another CenCal resident,

I always had problems with the backs of my legs especially the ankles burning to crispy critters when doing long term free diving especially in the tropics.

There is just no other place like our beloved California diving !

SAM

Welcome. Every dive destination has its pro.s & con.s. Yes, the Channel Islands of California have viz. less than, oh, say, Grand Cayman, but on those tropical Caribbean trips, how often do you get to swim through kelp forest, interact with sea lions or harbor seals... You guys out in California do have something special.

Richard.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida....i happen to love the Hawaiian diving.

Back
Top Bottom