Intro from San Antonio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tripp

Aquanaut Naturalist
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
San Antonio, Texas & Marco Island, Florida
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi, everybody. I've never posted my intro, so here goes. My name is Tripp and I am an anesthesiologist here in San Antonio. I have always wanted to learn to scuba-dive. In medical school I took a day course during a spring-break trip to St. Croix and did two shore dives, one to a plane wreck, and one to a wall. It was amazing, but with all of the education and residency ahead of me, I never got certified.

Last year, my daughter, son, and I became PADI certified through Dive World Thousand Oaks here in San Antonio prior to a trip to Hawaii. We did boat dives off Maui with Ed Robinson, off Kauai with Fathom Five, and off Waikiki with Kaimana. I was hooked. I have since gotten my Advanced Open Water, Nitrox, Rescue, and Boat Diving courses. I am working on my PADI Master Diver and am going on a Live-aboard trip next summer to the Galápagos Islands. I can't wait! Glad to be here at ScubaBoard!

There is always something new to learn with SCUBA and this forum is a great resource. Welcome, glad to have you here!

Duggan Dives does dives on the Comal River and Spring Lake in San Marcos are nice dives.

Dive locally as often as possible just to keep up the skills.

Back
Top Bottom