Intova SP1 flooding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrethediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So a short while back i purchased the original Sport Pro camera that ended up flooding on a trip with regular maintenance and checking of the o-ring. Intova customer service mentioned that early SP cameras had a defect of some sort and provided a replacement unit, a then new version SportPro1.

On my second trip with this replacement camera last week, the new camera flooded . I have been very careful with the amount of grease on the o-ring and all. Is there a problem with SP cameras with flooding issues? Please advise.

I am not totally sure but I have the SP1 and the SP2. I have over 100 dives on them combined and never a leak. Your floods are the first I have ever heard of and have a few friends diving them also. My dives with them have been down to 158 ffw, Cooper River, caves, Lake Jocassee, quarry, etc. One thought does come to mind. When you store them do you leave the back plate slightly or fully open?

Sorry to hear of your trouble. Actually, flooding has not been a big issue and I am surprised to hear you have had 2 problems. On the early model we had some electronic issues but not a lot of flooding. We have been making housings for 20 years and know how to make them, but, that being said there is always a chance that it will leak. This is true from any factory. Sorry again for your trouble and we stand behind these 100%. We will test your camera in a chamber under varying depth conditions to see what and where it is leaking.

Please email Fatema@intova.net for an RMA#.

Best Regards,
Joe Ganahl

Joe, thanks for quick response. I also have a GoPro 3 that I am using along with SP and never a problem although they do use a different o-ring type. I spoke with Fatema on the phone this afternoon and she advised that the policy on the issue has been changed...and suggested I purchase a refurbished unit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

So are you storing them with the back plate fully closed and locked or ajar?

Joe, thanks for quick response. I also have a GoPro 3 that I am using along with SP and never a problem although they do use a different o-ring type. I spoke with Fatema on the phone this afternoon and she advised that the policy on the issue has been changed...and suggested I purchase a refurbished unit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Huh? Joe?

Back
Top Bottom