intova ISS 200 with Canon A720IS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WelshGasman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I'm looking to get this flash to go with my Canon A720IS camera.
Do I need a sync cord for it at all?, and if so, which one would it be please.?

TIA

The ISS 2000 strobe will work without Sync cord except in extremely clear water. Optional fiber optic cable is the model PX25. Both items are compatible with your camera.

Thanks for the inquiry!

i use the iss 2000 with my canon sd790is. i had to saw off part of the bracket that attaches to the camera for the bracket fitting to fit.
sometimes the strobe doesnt seem to fire too maybe because of the reason intovajoe mentioned but im also thinking that at certain angles the canon diffuser blocks the path to the strobe sensor. im considering removing the diffuser and using a piece of tape instead.
all in all i love this strobe especially for the price. it has power settings so i doesnt do ttl but i wouldnt care less.
intova products rock!

you can see me using the strobe on my avatar actually :)

Yet when you click on the avatar you get a completely different picture.?:D

I'll be getting one when I come to the States. Going to try it out with my Sea & Sea flash arm and base first. Unless anyone can tell me that it would not fit.?

I'm also going to get the sync cord, so hopefully I will not have your problem.?

you can see me using the strobe on my avatar actually :)

Hi,

I am a little concerned about the square bracket on the base of the flash arm with its raised lip at the front.
Does this require removing for a non Intova camera case.?

TIA
The ISS 2000 strobe will work without Sync cord except in extremely clear water. Optional fiber optic cable is the model PX25. Both items are compatible with your camera.

Thanks for the inquiry!

hi welsh yup the raised lip on the bracket is the part i sawed off for my canon housing to fit. i then added a rubber washer so the camera remains stable. you could alternatively paste/cement the lip back on but i tried this with mighty bond and it would not stick underwater after a couple of dives.

That plate looks as if it is removable, shame it is not.

hi welsh yup the raised lip on the bracket is the part i sawed off for my canon housing to fit. i then added a rubber washer so the camera remains stable. you could alternatively paste/cement the lip back on but i tried this with mighty bond and it would not stick underwater after a couple of dives.

the plate is removable welsh
you can replace it with a better fitting plate if you can find one

Yes, I can see that, just received mine on Friday.
A friend of mine will make me a stainless one to fit.
Will be trying it out in a week or so.
Any tips?

the plate is removable welsh
you can replace it with a better fitting plate if you can find one

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom