Interspiro AGA Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubakid

Reaction score
I presently live in Beautiful Vancouver, British C
Hello everyone,
I am interested in obtaining some information regarding the Interspiro Full Face Mask. I presently live in British Columbia and dive Cold water. Therefore the mask would be a welcome addition. Could I please get some answers to the following questions?
1) How much am I expected to pay for the mask?
2) What would be the BEST alternate air set-up to use while using the AGA mask?
3) Are there any Scuba shops that carry the mask in British Columbia?
4) Will I be using more air?

Thanks

Scubakid

Hello there scubakid, welcome to our family here at ScubaSource. Glad to have you aboard. I have an Interspiro Full Face Mask and can probably answer any question you might have about them. Better yet, I have my very first experience on video that I can share with you.

1) Contact me about the price :wink:
2) I use both an integrated octo as well as a conventional placed in the Golden Triangle
3) Have no fear, the world is a small place and we can set you up from a local shop just about anywhere.
4) The first time you use it, you will likely use a bit more air because it's sooo much easier to breathe with. Second if it's not sealed properly, it will leak. Thought the units aren't free-flow (they are demand valve) they can still waste air if not donned properly. Also you will use a bit more air when using underwater communications for obvious reasons.

Once you use one the benefits become evident immediately. It cannot fog, come off by accident or fill with water. It keeps your face warm and your dive buddy envious!

Hey Scubakid;

Check out Dive Training Mag. A few issues ago they had an article on ful face masks. It might help you out.

Don't think the Dive Training article will help you. The gentlemen who wrote it did not do his home work! First he only made mention of the AGA full face mask as a "Fire Fighters" full face mask - wrong. It was first designed as the first single hose regulator, full face mask many years ago. Then, adapted for the firefighters market as well as filter and gas mask.

The AGA now known as Interspiro full face mask is the best ffm in the world. At this present, there is nothing that comes close. It is U.S. Navy approved and used throughout the world. It was tested by the Duke University to 1,800 feet (unmanned tests). I have tried every full face mask on the market, Tec-1, EX0-26, NIRA, Cressisub, Scuba Pro, USD 5206 or 5206, Jack Brown and a few others. Hands down, the AGA full face mask is the best.

Side note, the AGA has went through many changes from the original positive pressure, natural rubber style to the newest black or gold non-positive silicone versions. I like the Gold non- positive pressure version myself.

I hope this helps. If you want more information, I can go on!

The AGA is definity a great mask. I like the benefits of a ffm providing a warmer face and the reassurance that my reg and mask are secure. It gets high industry kudos. I would agree with the above post in that the Dive Training magazine article on full face masks was pretty basic and some of the things mentioned could have had some more research behind them. It was just a basic basic basic overview of ffms.

Full face masks will make your buddy envious, but they do require a little higher comfort level than a standard kit....practice practice practice in a pool under supervision of a good buddy (esp someone that has used one before) before heading into the deep. And, bring another mask and alternate source of air (notice I didn't say octo)with you for redundancy (practice the swap a bunch of times in a pool before hitting the deep). And, remember if you have to bail on a ffm in cold water (like your locale), your face will be a lot warmer and the sudden coolness will be shocking.

Does anyone have an opinion of the Ocean Reef series? And, can one put prescription lens (that could be replaced as prescription changes) into an AGA?

Cheers!

Hello all the link listed is to the ANU (Authorized for Navy Use list. This is a list of equipment that has undergone many extensive tests to make sure it will provide the U.S. Navy with a product that is solid and fullfills the mission criteria for the Navy Diving Program. here is the link http://www.navsea.navy.mil/sea00c/pdf/new_anu.pdf. if you have problems with that link try http://www.nedu.navsea.navy.mil/anu_list.htm and click on the link in the center of the page.
check it out the info on Full Face Masks is on pages 8 and 9 under the SCUBA section there is also additional info listed in the surface supplied section (But the AGA is refered to as the MK-20 in that particular section)

Safe Diving

Rainreg

Thanks Rainreg, great info on the second link They cover Full Face Masks on page 14. There are only two of them approved for US Navy Use. The Aga Interspiro Divator II and the Exo-26 (which by the way is a large bulky and VERY expensive mask called the Darth Vader mask)

Back
Top Bottom