Internet on BDE route in 2022?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lriemann

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all!

I know this question was asked, but it was over one year ago.

Anyone can report how good or bad the internet on BDE Liveaboards is?
I'm going in October, and need to see whether I should bring a little work along (don't judge me before you know the details!)

While I'm at it, what's a good wetsuit for early October?
Would a Mares 3-2-2 (3mm core and 2mm arms and legs) be enough?
Or is it better to add another 1 mm layer below that?

All the best,
Ron

Not a lot is the simple answer. Most of the boats doing this route spend the first diving day near land so you might get some coverage on this day. Brothers and Daedalus have no phone coverage so no internet here. I don’t think you get any signal at Elphinstone either. Last day diving close to shore there will be some coverage. First and last night in harbour will have coverage. Most of the boats have a very simple mobile wifi unit, it normally only works in the saloon area, and doesn’t stretch to the cabins. It also often gets swamped when everyone connects.

I am doing the same route from Hurghada on 1st October. I will be diving in a 5mm suit, I normally go at the end of October and wear this suit then and find it fine. End of October people wear everything from shorties to dry suits, start of the month will be a degree or two warmer. Depending on how you feel the cold (and how long you are in the water for) your suit may be okay. If you have an extra layer you can wear underneath I would take that too.

Thank you!
Have fun on your trip and maybe we'll meet underwater in October.

Hi all!

I know this question was asked, but it was over one year ago.

Anyone can report how good or bad the internet on BDE Liveaboards is?
I'm going in October, and need to see whether I should bring a little work along (don't judge me before you know the details!)

While I'm at it, what's a good wetsuit for early October?
Would a Mares 3-2-2 (3mm core and 2mm arms and legs) be enough?
Or is it better to add another 1 mm layer below that?

All the best,
Ron

I'm supposed to be on Blue Pearl.
But usually there are lots of boats at every site, I think.

Did BDE in March, and can confirm Scubajasonr, wifi that worked some of the time, I'd explode if I was to work over that connection

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom