Interface two different types of strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadudee

Reaction score
Hi,

I am using a Oly4000 with a DX90 strobe. Am using the fibre optic for strobe control.

I am thinking of using one YS60 given by my friend as a slave. However not sure how to interface. Can anyone please help to advice?

I notice a hardwire connection available for both the strobe, wonder if they can both be connected while the main controls still comes from my fibre optic to the 90DX ???

Thousands of thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Slaving the 60 should work, but the 60, as with many strobes placed on slave mode, will fire at ANY time it detects a flash from another strobe, including the preflash of the C4000 or another diver's strobe. I still have the C4000 in my kit and use it to take photos in tight places with just the internal flash and sometimes with one external strobe. Best way to see if everything works is to try it topside in front of a mirror. If your internal flash is covered really well with the black velcro and the slave flash sensor is pointed away from the internal flash, you shouldn't have a problem with the pre-flash triggering the slave. But you still have to worry about other divers with flashes, which will make your slave strobe fire. Not a problem until you're low on battery power or you miss a shot b/c your strobe is recycling.

Oops. Disregard that last post. I just reread the specs on the 60 TTL and it can't be slaved in the normal sense.

http://www.seaandsea.com/ys60.html

Did you intend to hook up the hardwire connection somehow to your DX90? I'm not sure if that would work.

You might try find another generous friend who can loan you a strobe that can slave without the need for a sync cord.

YS60 should work with adapter:
http://www.muenster.de/~matthias/blitz/indexe.htm
Mathias is a great guy - you can trust him and his product.
Tell him I said Hi.
Good luck,

Mark

scubadudee:
Hi,

I am using a Oly4000 with a DX90 strobe. Am using the fibre optic for strobe control.

I am thinking of using one YS60 given by my friend as a slave. However not sure how to interface. Can anyone please help to advice?

I notice a hardwire connection available for both the strobe, wonder if they can both be connected while the main controls still comes from my fibre optic to the 90DX ???

Thousands of thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Back
Top Bottom