"Interesting" mid atlantic dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fjpatrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Reading some of the other threads I've seen stuff about aquariums, blue holes, lakes, quarries, wrecks, rivers and even one missile silo dive mentioned.

Here in the Mid-Atlantic (Northern VA for me) we have plenty of quarry options, and I suspect some people even dive in the potomac and shenandoah rivers, but are there any "interesting" or unusual dives?

I'm new to diving and I plan to dive the local quarry at least a couple more times this season (even though it's ridiculously cold) but I'm just wondering about the other local options.

There are plenty of quarries around, but why go there, unless you want to train or hang with friends. The ocean is were the excitement is. The season is winding down. Grab your gear and go.

Why on earth would the season be winding down? It's August, we've got at least 3 more months of reasonable temps.

My question was primarily are there any "unusual" types of places to dive?

The season doesnt have to wind down. You just have to travel a little or get a drysuit. I have dove in the bay a few times but vis can be little to nothing to 15 or 20 ft. The local rivers I have been seem to be blackwater muck diving. There are quarries North and South of us and yes we have Ocean City. I wont speak on that because my first dive off of there is this week coming up. North Carolina isnt far away if you dont mind driving 4 or 5 hours.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom