Interesting (and novel) thing for me while diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was in Roatan many blue moons ago and went through Mary's crack few times, in and out.
You gonna get banned!

I’m gonna DM you about Sharm. Going next year.

We were diving off Roatan near Cocoview last Thursday morning. Nice relaxed dive at 70', not far from the Aggressor. Suddenly we all heard what we thought was a cruise-ship over us. A deep roar and cracking sound for about 20 seconds. I looked up wondering what made the noise. Assumed that it was a boat of some kind. Nothing visible. We finished the dive and the captain told us that it was an earthquake. First for me in over 3,000 dives!

I just described this experience from a dive I did in Puerto Rico a few years back. It is amazing...a very unique sound.

Welcome to the Club!!

Oh, my.

I have had at least three earthquakes hit while underwater. All were in Vanuatu. One sounded like a huge cruise ship had passed nearby. The others were less obvious/strange.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom