Insurance for only a few days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lirael

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

I own a dive center in the Azores, and always ask for my clients to bring their diving insurance. Many don't have it, and ask for advise. However, they will only need coverage for a few days - some even for just a day.

Does anyone know of an Insurance Company who has temporary coverage for divers ?

Thanks in advance

Fátima

DAN does this. If they sign up through you, you even get a comission. Let me see if I can find more info on this for you.

EDIT: It's sort of this, but not completely. DAN Referral Rewards Program - Divers Alert Network

Contact them. The previous DC i worked for had login credentials for a DAN portal. We could sign up customers for a short term insurance.

I thought that program was for instructors who had their insurance through DAN that it would cover their students?

It sounds like this would be more for certified divers just diving with the shop

I thought that program was for instructors who had their insurance through DAN that it would cover their students?

That's a different program :)

DAN does this. If they sign up through you, you even get a comission. Let me see if I can find more info on this for you.

EDIT: It's sort of this, but not completely. DAN Referral Rewards Program - Divers Alert Network

Contact them. The previous DC i worked for had login credentials for a DAN portal. We could sign up customers for a short term insurance.

Hello, thanks for the help ! I have not heard good things about DAN lately, but will certainly contact them about this and see what they can offer.

I have been in touch with DiveAssure, but could never get a proper answer from them. The emails stated they have temporary coverage for only 1 week or 1 month (if you try in the website it works for 2 days, but the price is unreasonable, 49 euros). And coverage is only outside the country of residence.

I will let you know and thanks again :)

Back
Top Bottom