Installing neoprene or latex or silicone ankle/wrist cuffs on a wetsuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a problem with wetsuits. They don't fit.

I have a 46" chest and I am 6 feet tall. I usually get an XXL suit. My suit now is a 3mm and I may get a 5mm, cause it's cold in Minnesota and I'm getting old.

Regardless how tight the suit fits...and believe me even the XXL is tight in the chest and the booty...my wrists and ankles are so skinny that I can't get a good seal to prevent water inflow.

I wore a 7mm suit in Monterey and I might have been wearing a Speedo for all the good it did me. The water just flowed through the suit.

Now some, with a lot of money to burn, will say "Mike, get a custom wet suit". But I don't want to spend the money on a custom just for this simple problem that I think has a simple answer from this simpleton...ME! And that's coming from a dude with 4 sets of regs, 3 complete BP wing set ups, 10 masks, upteen sets of gloves....

Cuffs on the ankles and wrists. Has anyone tried this? Seems simple to put a neoprene(strongest-and cheapest?- with least chance of tearing and probably the eaisiest to slide into) on a suit.

Why isn't it an option on wetsuits? They do have them on thicker.6-8mm suits.

I'd think you could really up the thermal value of a thinner suit with this idea. Is it patented? Am I future millionaire? Will I get to fall in the 15% tax bracket too like MITTens??!!

I doubt it. But I may just be warmer.

-Trying to avoid relocating to south Florida
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom