installing a p-valve on waterproof ex2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gentlegrunt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I’m looking for a p valve for my waterproof EX2. It has an extra port on the hip. I know it is not a normal place for p valve. However, sitech advertises that Triton p valve fits any sitech valve. All the valves on EX2 are sitech. I disassembled the hip valve and noticed that the original rubber sitting looks slightly different than the one comes with the trigon valve, a little bigger to be precise. So I am wondering if trigon p valve is gonna fit.

The front thigh pockets do not really leave enough space for the normal position for p-valve, which is above the knee and towards the inside. If the hip port doesn't really work for trigon p-valve, i guess i would have to punch a whole........ Thanks for sharing any experience/methods.

This is all the experience I have to offer; after installing the trigon and looking at videos for the light monkey vs trigon I think the LM would have been a little easier install (in my neoprene suit). With that said I'm quite happy with my trigon and happy with how it turned out... coming up from a dive and hitting that thermocline and just letting go, priceless, lol.

Install of Si Tech Trigon P Valve

Back
Top Bottom