Instadry booties size 9 with Large Jet fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JessH

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I currently use Henderson Gripper size 9 booties with my Large jet fins. I think they are the 5mm version. They fit the jet fins perfectly, I think I could use them without the straps and they wouldn't come off. I have been doing a lot of diving lately and no matter what I do I can't seem to get them to dry fast/well enough to keep a funnky smell from forming. So I am thinking about asking for the instadry boots for my birthday, but I am not sure if they will fit my Large jet fins are not.

Does anyone know if Size 9 Henderson Instadry booties will fit Large Jet fins? I am leaning towards the 7mm version to add a little bit of extra exposure protection as well as help with my heavy feet/floaty head.

~Jess

kidspot:
I'm afraid this won't answer your question specifically, but it may give you some general clue as to where large ends and XL begins ...

http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba/#bootsizes
Thanks. I guess we need to fill in those tables so that I will know the answer to these questions :) If you want to update it the Henderson Gripper boot size 9 fits a L jet fin. Now just need to find someone with some data on the instadry boots....

~Jess

I don't know how big the Henderson Gripper boots are, but the Insta-Dry booties have a VERY substantial sole, and thus are a lot bigger than a number of other booties I have tried. When I first bought mine, I had to go up a size in fins.

Dunno if this helps or not, until I can get home to check. I have a size 9.5 foot, so I can't recall if I'm wearing size 9 or 10 insta-dry booties. But they fit... somewhat snugly... in a size XL jet fin. I haven't worn them in the water yet, as I just picked up the fins late last week and haven't had a chance to dive them yet. They currently work perfectly with my XL bio-fin XT's... but I had to go up from a size L bio-fin when I moved from regular booties to the insta-dry. (Fortunately my LDS let me exhange the fins, which I had bought days earlier with a different bootie, for the larger size when I traded my bootie up and discovered the Larges no longer fit.)

If you're size 9 shoe, I suspect the XL Jets will fit you well with a touch more breathing room than I have, as mine seems a hair tight. I'm actually a little concerned I'll have to go up a size in Jets myself, but I won't really know until I can get them wet and see how it works in real use vs. on dry land. I also suspect that a size L jet fin will be too small for an insta-dry bootie.

Thanks for the info. The Gripper boot actually has a bit of a sole as well, but I suspect that it is wider than the instadry one but not as thick. The instadry booties made it onto my birthday wishlist, if I get them and they don't fit my Large jets than I will just have to start looking for a used pair of XL jets.

~Jess

I got the Instadry booties. They are indeed too large for the Large jet fins. I would assume that they would fit in an XL just fine. I also noticed that while the footprint is the right size they fit looser than my other henderson booties. Due to this and not wanting to go to a larger jet fin for travel purposes I think I am going to just return these and use the money towards getting a light cannon to use as a video light.

~Jess

I finally dove the InstaDry size 9 bootie + XL Jets combo this weekend, and it works, although it's a somewhat snug fit.

Compudude, thats good to know. I just got a pair of XL jets with springs, and they are pretty tight on the sides of my feet with a size 10 henderson octoboot. Im looking for something now with a little less sole and thinner neoprene, i think its either 5mm or possible 7mm.

I wear XL Jets, I'm also a size 10. My boots are Akona Titaniums & reasonably thick. Maybe 5mm, they aren't marked but I don't think they 3mm. They fit the XL Jets just fine.

CompuDude:
I finally dove the InstaDry size 9 bootie + XL Jets combo this weekend, and it works, although it's a somewhat snug fit.
Oh, I should probably have noted they are 7mm.

Back
Top Bottom