Inspiration incident (funny)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tigerscuba

Reaction score
I recently had the pleasure of hooking up with an old pal of mine. You know him as saturated. Saturated was nice enough to invite me to do a wall dive off bimini. Outstanding! drops from about 70' to 4000'. We did a mix dive to about 250'.

The incident:
Saturated has a 29'mako with low gunnels. So when sorting your gear you straddle it and sit on the gunnel(you also prebreath from this position). The water was about 78 on the surface so Sat decided to add an extra wet suit. At this time he went to add an extra 2lbs up top to compensate for the wet suit. As he undid the top weight pouch a violent wave hit the boat and the 5lb solid he had uptop slid out landing right on his ba##s. :eek: Oh the look was pure agony. The rest of the dive was uneventfull, although I did notice a slight hesitance in sats kick!

Moral of the story, never undo your top weight pouch while sitting below it!

Sorry sat just thought a little humor was in order.:D

Sat, thanks for making that mistake before I might have. :wink:

Ha, Ha,

My wife did'nt think it was all that funny, ever racked yourself so bad that your ears were ringing? That was me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom