¿ Insight on Delta Airlines return to Cozumel ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sent a note to the customer service department at Delta a couple of weeks ago and asked about this, I received the following reply today: "Thanks for taking the time to send us your suggestion about Delta reinstating fights for travel to Cozumel. Thank you for your feedback. We will forward your comments. Currently, we have no plans to fly to Cozumel."

Looks like it'll be American Airlines for us for the foreseeable future!

Delta flies direct to Cancun (sometimes 2x) daily from Detroit- I am sure if they switched ONE of the flights on ONE day a week to COZ direct, they would have no problem filling the plane both ways. There must be another issues that is behind the scenes, as I am sure the demand for direct COZ flight from the midwest, especially in winter, would justify the change.

Delta flies direct to Cancun (sometimes 2x) daily from Detroit- I am sure if they switched ONE of the flights on ONE day a week to COZ direct, they would have no problem filling the plane both ways. There must be another issues that is behind the scenes, as I am sure the demand for direct COZ flight from the midwest, especially in winter, would justify the change.
I hope they don't. I love that direct flight, I take it often. I guarantee if they moved it one day per week, it would always be the day that I need it. Murphy's law.

I hope they don't. I love that direct flight, I take it often. I guarantee if they moved it one day per week, it would always be the day that I need it. Murphy's law.

You wouldn't want Delta to fly one day a week to CZM instead of CUN??

Must be nice. Nonstop to Cancun in four hours for $136, leaving at decent hours and arriving early in the day. Frontier does it for $73 some days if you want to play that game.

1640392109861.png

Must be nice. Nonstop to Cancun in four hours for $136, leaving at decent hours and arriving early in the day. Frontier does it for $73 some days if you want to play that game.

View attachment 697190
Well he sure as he** didn't make it down in 4 hours today...

The direct flights are pretty nice - IND-CUN on Southwest is the only one from here these days. Delta used to have a seasonal direct to CZM but that was log ago.

Well he sure as he** didn't make it down in 4 hours today...

The direct flights are pretty nice - IND-CUN on Southwest is the only one from here these days. Delta used to have a seasonal direct to CZM but that was log ago.
We were talking about Detroit nonstop to Cancun, and yeah there were flights today.
Delta flies direct to Cancun (sometimes 2x) daily from Detroit
The 8:35am flight got canceled, probably part of the current Covid challenge, but
DL0578 departed DTW at 10:00am and arrived CUN at 1:38pm today. DL2016 left at
11:14am and arrived at 2:48pm. Delta has nonstop flights scheduled from Detroit to Cancun every day for the next month at least; I did not look further.

I did not look for "direct" flights, as those are not nonstop. SWA is infamous for those.

Were you talking about Detroit or Bloomington, Indiana 300 miles away? American and Frontier fly nonstop from Indianapolis to Cancun a few days a month.

We were talking about Detroit nonstop to Cancun, and yeah there were flights today.
Tracy was actually in transit today - I was referring to his 14 hour multi-connection ordeal getting there because the early flight was cancelled.

You wouldn't want Delta to fly one day a week to CZM instead of CUN??
No, I don't go to Cozumel very often, I go to Cancun a lot. Guaranteed if they changed one flight per week, it would probably be the day I was trying to leave.

Just giving this thread a bump. Anyone hear anything that gives hope to delta flying direct to CZM from Atlanta in the next 6 mos or so?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom