Input on Bangka Lagoon Resort?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warmwater Wank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We're doing a week at Black Sand in Lembeh in October this year then 5 or 6 days in Bunaken (maybe Two Fish?). In between I'm thinking of a week for Bangka. I can find very little info on Bangka Lagoon Resort--anyone stayed there or seen any reviews etc.? Thanks. // ww

My wife and I stayed at Mimpi Indah Resort on Bangka for a week in October 2010. I wrote a review on it here on scubaboard (just search Mimpi Indah), the review also has a link to my very amateur youtube vid of the trip. I can reccommend Mimpi whole heartedly. The new bungalows are really spacious and beautiful.

Another alternative is to stay in Lembeh and do some day dives at Bangka. That's what I did while staying at Lembeh Lodge and it worked out great. On the boat ride over we encountered a pod of pilot whales and dolphins! It didn't cost any extra since I was diving on their no limit package. attaching a link to some pics.
Sogod Bay Lembeh Bangka Island - a set on Flickr

Thanks all, I'm wondering now if they are still in business. Other than a website I haven't been able to find more info or reviews. Oh well, looks like more time in Lembeh instead! // ww

Thanks all, I'm wondering now if they are still in business. Other than a website I haven't been able to find more info or reviews. Oh well, looks like more time in Lembeh instead! // ww

They didn't respond to a recent email I sent ...

We're doing a week at Black Sand in Lembeh in October this year then 5 or 6 days in Bunaken (maybe Two Fish?). In between I'm thinking of a week for Bangka. I can find very little info on Bangka Lagoon Resort--anyone stayed there or seen any reviews etc.? Thanks. // ww

I think it is for sale. Why don't you buy it :grinjester:

OMG Ace, what a great idea!

Hmmm, say fellow SB'ers, I seem to be a bit short (uh, no offense Midget :eyebrow: ) on funds for this property. If you could just maybe cover the down payment and advance some working capital... // ww

Murex Bangka or Mimpi Indah would be a good bet for Bangka. For Bunaken it depends on your budget - Two Fish is good, Living Colours also has a very good reputation as well

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom