Input for MM cameras wanted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New Bubbles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am very much a film photographer - F3 and FM3 - and embarking on u/w photograpy. I am deciding if I should go digital or stay with film camera. I am considering the MM III or MM II. Can someone share your experience with the MM? Thank you.

if you are considering film, forget the MM caneras and get yourself a Nikonos! The sea and sea MM cameras can produce decent images but in no way can come close the what the Nikonos optics will do. The MM's use a fixed lens with external adaptors for wide or macro. The nikonos uses lenses that are corrected for UW use ( except the 35mm) since you use a F3 I doubt you will be happy with the results the MM will produce.

The Nikonos is selling dirt cheap on ebay!

The Nikonos III ROCKS!! just no meter so you need to get a marine meter as well.

But going forward, there are a lot of Nikonos V/strobe systems selling dirt cheap, You get TTL and a internal meter for manual work.

I need to get off my rear and sell off the SIX I have soon! Not to mention 4 or five housed film rigs.

You can probably get a complete Nik setup, camera, lens, strobe, case etc etc for around $500.
Actually I'm bidding on one right now and my bid is still winning. I don't really expect to win this one as it has two lenses, the 35mm and the S&S 15mm, but you never know.

If you REALLY want an MM2 let me know....I've got one going cheap! :D

alcina

Your pink link is wonderful.

Good on ya!

I will add it to the materials I hand out when I assist our PADI CD with his instructor level course on Digital foto!

alcina:
PM me with anything you think we might want to add!

will do! now that I came out of my hole!

Back
Top Bottom