inon uwl-h100 dome fogging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

norinori

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've had the problem with the dome for the uwl-h100 fogging up when getting in the water before, usually just waiting a bit with the lens in the water would sort it out as the glass cooled.

Today I had the problem that the inner wet lens was fogging up, which took much longer to cool down as it is not exposed directly to water.

Any idea how I can prevent this from happening? I'm assembling the lens in a well air conditioned room...

The dome is not designed to be assembled and disassembled every time you use it?
You just need to do it once in a dry environment put silicon grease on the screws assemble it and that's it
It should never fog if you go into water warmer than the environment you did the assembly so ideally you want a place pretty fresh and pretty dry without dust, I used a lens dust blower when I set it up

I re-assemble it each time I travel, as I don't want to fly with it assembled..

I think the problem is when it warms up when I'm out in the hot sun between the time I assemble it(indoors in AC) and when I get into the water.

This last time I kept my cooler bag completely sealed and that seemed to keep it cool enough before the dive such that I didn't have the problem... but not every dive do I have that ability to keep it cool...

How does the lens dust blower help in reducing the humidity inside ?

I guess its debatable whether you need to take out your orings and leave it unsealed when flying, but I always do just to be safe for my housing and the lens.

Occasionally I also opt for using the uwl-h100 sans dome so I have less to fuss with during a dive

Back
Top Bottom