Inon UCL-165 M67 Close-up Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shoot an email to the owner of Aquaventure Dive and Photo. He worked for Inon, and still has a close relationship with them. I'm sure he would give you the definitive answer

info@gudcSCUBA.com

done, thanks...

I dove with a Nikon P&S (P5100) in an Ike housing for a couple years before I took the SLR plunge. By definition when you put the ULC-165 lens on, you're looking for macro subjects. So why would you even consider not putting your camera in macro mode? On most cameras it's a matter of a couple buttons. Not a big deal.

I have an Inon 165 that I use with an Ikelite housing and a Canon G11. I always shoot it in macro mode. With the G11, the macro mode really only works at the wide end of the camera zoom. So you have to get REALLY close to your subject. Underwater you can 1) scare off your critter or 2) actually bump into it because your focus distance is so very close (like an inch).

The Inon Zoom allows you to zoom out more and still get the magnification. It also allows you a greater distance from the subject, about 8". To me, the biggest advantage is the increase of stand off distance.

What camera? Not to be shifty, but varying models use different close focus strategies in their macro modes, so it is important to be specific.

nikon l24

I have an Inon 165 that I use with an Ikelite housing and a Canon G11. I always shoot it in macro mode. With the G11, the macro mode really only works at the wide end of the camera zoom. So you have to get REALLY close to your subject. Underwater you can 1) scare off your critter or 2) actually bump into it because your focus distance is so very close (like an inch).

The Inon Zoom allows you to zoom out more and still get the magnification. It also allows you a greater distance from the subject, about 8". To me, the biggest advantage is the increase of stand off distance.

this answers my question....thank you.

Back
Top Bottom