Inon Macro Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maat1976

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All.

I've got a Inon macro lens that I just pulled out in preparation of my next trip. We struggled with it on the last trip but I now know why… Anyway, I soaked and cleaned it during and after the trip, have had it out twice since for the same, and it STILL has a few rings on it of water marking. Is this normal?

Any tips on how to clean but not damage your lenses?

THanks.

Those could be permanent water mark due to the lens left to dry in the sun attached to the port
If not use desalinised water warm and soak for 24 hours then use a soft lens cloth followed by a good quality micro fiber lens cloth like Pentax
If it does not go away with elbow grease means the marks are permanent

Thanks Interceptor.

i don't notice any difference on my photos, so I don't know if I'm making a mountain out of a molehill.

I don't think you can hurt your lens with a bit more vigorous cleaning than water/fiber cloth. The lens is anti-reflection coated but only on the inner surfaces, the outside is not coated so using something like Glass Wax or even some car polish is not a worry.

Bill

I found that soaking in desalinsed warm water followed by robust cleaning with an inon cloth followed by pentax cloth removes everything
You just have to go hard with it but in case it does not work mild soap is fine too
I used some cloth for lenses and it was a waste of time...

Back
Top Bottom