Inon fisheye lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSPDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My budy just got his second Inon fisheye WA lens. He lost his first one on the first dive trip he had with it. He is looking for a tip to secure the lens to the tray or something to that fact. Kinda of like a leash or john line. Anyone with ideas please respond.

My budy just got his second Inon fisheye WA lens. He lost his first one on the first dive trip he had with it. He is looking for a tip to secure the lens to the tray or something to that fact. Kinda of like a leash or john line. Anyone with ideas please respond.

The UFL165AD-FE is a slippery little devil, there is really no good way to secure it other than mounting it and leaving it mounted. The 100WAL has a groove to which you can secure a bit of cave line back to the tray but not so with the 165AD.

Shame he lost it, where? LOL.

N

He lost it on all places, the Spiegel Grove. HE lost it when we were on the surface. It was in place on the camera and then it was gone. IT was not like he was taking it off or trying to store it in one of those lens holders. The problem was that he jumped in holding the camera rig. A big no no! I was just thinking something like a cave line might work. Any more suggestions keep em comming. Thanks

He lost it on all places, the Spiegel Grove. HE lost it when we were on the surface. It was in place on the camera and then it was gone. IT was not like he was taking it off or trying to store it in one of those lens holders. The problem was that he jumped in holding the camera rig. A big no no! I was just thinking something like a cave line might work. Any more suggestions keep em comming. Thanks

You might be able to take a nylon tie-strap and cinch it down tight with a piece of cave line under it back to the tray.

It probably was not "clicked" into lock position but jumping in is a good way to flood, drop, damage a camera rig for sure.

I am sorry he lost it, maybe it will be found and put to good use by somebody somewhere :(.

N

You might be able to take a nylon tie-strap and cinch it down tight with a piece of cave line under it back to the tray.

It probably was not "clicked" into lock position but jumping in is a good way to flood, drop, damage a camera rig for sure.

I am sorry he lost it, maybe it will be found and put to good use by somebody somewhere :(.

N

More likely on it's way to England.

My mom does professional sewing, so I have her make thin neoprene bags for extra lens (in bright colors). Protects the lens and with the attachment line, allows it to be attached to a d-ring. If it every came off, it would float and be easy to see.

I also find putting a large lens on the arms makes the rig bigger, and bigger scares fish more..and gets in the way if you go from macro to longer distance.

I do lots of big drop entries with my camera and everything secured and never had an issue..but I would never jump in with that type of lens attached to the camera.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom