Inon D-180

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bsvihrajr

Reaction score
I might be going to Bonaire in late May and couldn't live with myself if I didn't upgrade my photography setup. I have a Canon S230 and 600 housing from Canon. I'm not looking to do prints, just love taking pictures underwater. I've been cleaning them up in photoshop and the result is satifying for the budget and the fact I live in Jersey and don't travel more than once or twice a year. I decided I need an upgrade if I'm going to Bonaire. I was looking at just getting a tray, handle, and strobe for now and then getting an Olympus 5050/60 setup later on.

1. For now, I need to know where to get an Inon D-180 for pretty cheap without hassle.

2. ...And if it will work ok on my setup and also be able to switch to the 5050-60 setup later on.

3. Also, how much will the strobe help out in the quality of my pictures.

4. What is involved in operating the strobe?

Thanks guys, sorry for rambling but I figure more info is better for answering.

Sounds like a good upgrade plan to me. The Inon would be my choice, with probably a ULCS digital tray/handle/arm. From what I read digital camera technology is expected to explode this year, so it makes sense to use what you have for now. Canon for example claim to be releasing 20 new consumer level digital cameras this year!

35.gif

I purchased the Inon D-180 last month. I am happy with it as it is compact and has an automatic built-n focus light. I already had a tray and handle so I used loc-line parts to make an arm. I got the strobe from Ryan at Underwater Camera Pros. He gave me the best price next to ordering directly from Japan.
The fiber optic kit that operates the strobe is camera housing specific to some degree. You may have to get a different fitting at a later date depending on which housing you switched to.
This is the cabe kit for the Oly PT-010
opticparts.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom