Innovative Scuba vs. DAN DSMB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwalsh787

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello All,

I am looking to purchase a new DSMB and am looking at two products. I wonder if you all may have some recommendations...

The first is the Innovative Scuba Concepts 72 inch Cordura Signal Tube at about $36.00.

The second is the DAN surface signaling kit at about $85.00.

The Dan unit seems made of heavier-duty nylon and maybe is a bit wider, but I wonder if the DAN unit is worth the dramatic price difference.

In terms of use, I am looking at this as an emergency signaling device as I do a bit of drift diving from time to time in South Florida and may start doing some river diving here in SC. It seems to me that a DSMB will be a worthwhile investment.

Any thoughts you may have would be most appreciated:D

Mike

Greetings,
I do not have any experience with the Innovative scuba SMB. I own the DAN kit. It is made of a very heavy nylon material. It has a lot of heavy nylon reinforcments sewn into the sausage. It has an over pressure releif valve. It can be orally inflated or you can use your LP BCD fitting to inflate. It also has a sleeve sewn into the top to insert a chemical light stick. Included with the sausage is a signalling mirror and a chemical light stick. I do own several Innovative Scuba products and while their quality is good I don't think the quality matches the DAN piece. I would expect the DAN product to far outlast the Innovative Scuba product. Is it worth the money?? Don't know. It was for me. Regards Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom