Inner tube knee pads

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I do a lot of shore dives with rocky entries/exits. These rip up the knees of my Bare wetsuits. After making yet another series of patches with Aquaseal, it occurred to me to just make knee pads from inner tube rubber and cement them on.

Anyone tried this? Any tips?

You will be much happier just wearing the knee pads that volley ball players use for their knees. They slip over the suit, can be slid down below the knees while on a surface interval and are very cheap. I knoe a number of commercial wetsuit divers that wear slip on knee pads.

RP697178_Copy7178.png
FM967180_Copy7180.png

Tident Catalog

You could cut a couple of cross sections of a truck inner tube and use them without attaching them to the suit. Just pull them on like the knee pads Dumpster Diver was talking about. This is great abrasion protection but zilch in the padding department. Kind of works like gaiters too.

Get yourself some neoprene knee braces before bulky Knee pads. I can see the bulky kneepads getting watter logged and sagging. I like the innertube idea from Dectek

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom