Inherent Buoyancy of Zeagle BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCU5

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

I just bought a Zeagle Stiletto, yet to dive with it. I was curious what the inherent buoyancy of this (and other) Zeagle BCD is? Looking to get an idea of how much weight I'll need next month in Hawaii. Moving from a Cressi-Sub Aqualight R that had 2 or 3 lbs of positive lift.

Thanks!
Jimmy

My old Ranger was around 4 lbs. My advise to simply test it yourself. Take it to a pool, get all the air out (both the bladder and padding) and clip on weights (or stuff them in the pockets) unit it sinks. An off hand guess is around 3 lbs or less. My Scout is pretty much neutral.

Thanks Herman,

Yeah, unfortunately I don't really have a pool around that I can go dunk it in. Was curious if there were any benchmark answers out there. Hoping that it's like your Scout, pretty neutral (which is what I was planning to get but was out of stock).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom