Inhalation valve lost 15h before liveaboard (Oceanic Delta 4)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lagomorpheus

Registered
Reaction score
I am far away from home and 15 hours away from getting on a liveaboard for a week. The resort I’m at now has questionable staff transporting and washing equipment and on my first descent today I recognized that a bit of water was entering my main reg (oceanic delta 4), particularly on a sharp inhale. Surfaced to find the inhalation valve missing.

A potential spare part has been located and I am aware that servicing/repairing my own equipment comes with risks. It appears, however, that this could be attached with a single screw.

Can anyone here tell me if this missing part would explain the water flow and if this in fact attemptable with an Allen key and a bit of common sense? I’m very particular about the fit and weight and would like to avoid renting for the next two weeks.

Thanks in advance for your knowledge and insights, I appreciate it! Cheers from Flores

Attachments

• IMG_7011.jpeg
    IMG_7011.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 20

Back
Top Bottom