Information Overload, Revisited - transport from Moalboal to Dumaguete?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flowerpecker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After much research and re-reading of the many and very helpful posts by all those residents of and visitors to the PI, I have elected to visit Moalboal and Dumaguete on my upcoming November trip. It was a tough choice but I think for my first visit these two will allow me some variety in diving & the topside activities I'm interested in, without eating too much time in transit. Transit, however, is my primary question here:

What's the best way to get from Moalboal to Dumaguete? I expect to stay in relatively modest, almost budget-type places so I likely won't have the benefit of a resort van to pick me up and drop me off at ferry docks, airports, etc. Can anyone offer advice on how to get from Moalboal to Dumaguete - what means of transport, how much, how long should I expect it to take? I don't mind public transport - I enjoy travel in foreign countries and public transport is an excellent way to learn about the country! - but I've never been to the Philippines before so please be explicit with your recommendations...

Thanks to all of you - I'm very excited about this trip - it will be my first dive trip in Asia since I was certified more than 10 years ago!

If you look at a map of the visayas, between moalboal and dumaguete, you'll find balicasag island, cabilao island, pamilacan island and panglao island. Bohol diving at its best. You may want to extend your trip : ).

Flowerpecker;
I also stay at budget acc., and enjoy public transportation.
For Moalboal to Dumagete you will have to return to Cebu city and take the fasst ferry to Dumagete Ocean Jet. I don't know of any direct conection Moalboal to Dumagete. My wife and I stayed in town at Harolds Mansion, and the dive operation we used, (can't remember their name), picked us up.

h2odragon1, thanks for the info. Your route is all I could figure out from info online though I was hoping there might be a more direct ferry from somewhere on the south end of Cebu island. How long did it take you to get from Moalboal to Duma? All day?

Spot on Andy with the instructions!... sorry Flowerpecker, I have been offline and was not able to respond quicker to your question.

Flowerpecker, If you are looking for budget accommodation and a diving package we can organise and reserve this on your behalf. Drop me a line at cebudivecentre@yahoo.com if your interested.

Cheers

Carl

You might consider El Dorado in Dumaguete - a nice room for about $35US/night, good relatively cheap food, free transport from Dumaguete, lots of great dives very close by, and FREE NITROX! If you dive nitrox and do 3 dives a day, the free nitrox nearly pays for your room.

John

dogdrjohn - I beat you to it and already made reservations at El Dorado - they've gotten generally good reviews here on SB and it's nice to see yet another one!

Carl - I'll hook up with you in Moalboal, hopefully we can do some diving together...

Only 63 days until my arrival in Manila!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom