Information on Saba and St. Eustatius.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perfect1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings from NC. Looking for some information on Saba and Statius. Diving with Golden Rock Dive Center in Statius and Sea Saba on Saba. Has anyone dove with either of these dive crews? How's the water tmperature, viz. etc. See you on the bottom. DB

Hi

I was on Saba nine years back an loved ever moment of it. Vis was to the bottom and that was 50m down. Temperature in May was sufficient for a 3mil shorty while my friends used only T-shirts and shorts.
We dove with Saba Deep and were quite happy.

No crowds, great scenery and nice people, that's my impression of the island.

Would be a shame if that had changed.

Five years ago we stayed at Queens Garden on Saba and dove with Sea Saba. You are in for a great time. Sea Saba people were very helpful ( we were novice divers at the time) and the island is unbelieveably quaint. Take a day to hike the 'hill' , explore the island as well as dive. Viz is practically infinite water was 80 degrees.

We were there in January and you can relax, nothing's changed. Great place to be and Saba Deep is a great dive operation. There are lots of lots of cottages for rent if that's the way you want to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom