Information for diving Cancun or cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bnjessme

New
Reaction score
# of dives
We are traveling to Cancun in mid November, 08. We have just got our open water cert and a half dozen dives under our belt and we would like to know where we must go in Cancun or Cozumel if we only have one or 2 days to dive. We will be there for a week but our schedule is pretty full. Any websites would help. We are staying at the Sandos Caracol on the Mayon Riveria. Just looking to see that must see dive. I looked at a couple dive operations, I know there must be people out there just willing to help us out and let us know where and where not to go.

How about a site for fish ID in the area? thanx

hi,
sandos caracol is perfectly located for a day diving in playa del carmen and a day in cozumel.
in playa head out to barracuda and tortugas reef, turtles, turtles and more turtles plus tarpon, barracuda and the occasional nurse shark. im not sure on the house op in sandos caracol but suppose jason at fanatsea dive is the guys to hang with in playa.
cozumel is cozumel, cant get dissapointed there and the wall dives are second to none and also a good chance to see all the macro beuaties, sea horses, toadfish, ghost pipefish etc...
mayanaquadive uses blue angel dive shop in cozumel, they are really good but again wait for more members and you ll have your answer who to book up with.
the cenotes are also right on your front doorstep but head out on a few ocean trips and knock up your dives before you head to the caverns.
too much to see, too much to do!
enjoy
ben

Personally I love diving the Cenotes, but cavern diving is not for every one, but I would suggest you give it a go. It will blow your mind, the way the light hits the water. trust me words cannot describe it.
There are many great operators out there, but I always go with AL from alwaysdiving.com. He knows the Cenotes and Cozumel like the back of his hands and will really look after you.
What ever you do, Im sure you will have a great time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom