Information about the number of people or shops that shore dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cagrace

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all!
I am an avid diver and graduate student doing some research about shore diving. Specifically, I am looking for information about the number of people in the US (or in the Caribbean) who shore dive. I am asking this in this forum, because I thought that any of you working for diving equipment companies may have that kind of information related to helping to determine the potential market for a product or piece of equipment.
Alternatively, the number of dive shops that are particularly geared toward shore diving might also work.
I have no idea where to look for this information, so any thoughts/advice/ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
CGM

Specifically, I am looking for information about the number of people in the US (or in the Caribbean) who shore dive.

I'm not sure what you're asking about CGM. Are you looking for the specific number of people who shore dive? If so, I would tend to think that the numbers will be higher in the states with ocean and/or quarries, where there are strong local diving communities but people can't afford to do every dive off a boat. I know that the vast majority of my diving is shore diving, as is a lot of the people I dive with. I probably know 15 or so people off the top of my head who primarily shore dive, with occasional boat diving mixed in. Having said that, I do boat diving when I take dive vacations, as I budget that in as part of my vacation budget. I don't know how much this is going to help you. Maybe if you tried to explain things a little more clearly you'd get better answers.

Kristopher

What is the point of this research? What type of product are you looking to market?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom