info on a Oceanic Pro plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

forgetg

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Oceanic Pro plus 2 with 2A firmware, purchased in May 06...It has only been used twice, once in a pool and once yesterday on a shallow dive (max 24ft) in Key Largo, I noticed a few problems I am hoping that their may be a reset that is available,

1st..The temp recorded while diving was 80 to 81 deg....I know that the water was 73 deg...my buddies comp was at 73 and I also have a manual gauge.

2nd.. My VAR alarm went off a number of times at >30 when I was at at even 16 ft, for over 2 minutes..

I have purchased a down load cable and have verified the above also..
Is their a reset that I can do or do you think this may be a service call issue

Thanks in advance

forgetg,

Sorry about that. Missed your post on the 11th. No reset on the temp. If it is off by that much it needs calibration. There have been rare examples of the VAR alarm going off when the computer is hanging down and a fast motion of bringing the computer up into view busts the ascent alarm. Do you think that is what set it off? If not it may need to come back for calibration. Or if this unit is brand new a lot of times you can swap it out for a replacement at the retailer per our Alliance warranty if it is not working correctly.

Regards,
Darryl

Back
Top Bottom