Info about Indo waiving visa on arrival requirements for U.S.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you again photog for making this important information more accessible and visible.

I wanted to share the following update re. open jaw tickets.

Thanks for the update NatashaS. It's difficult to keep track of all the changes to Visa, taxes, and to airline rules too. Even difficult for travel agencies within Indonesia!

I'm missing something here. On Saturday, I'll be flying into CGK and on Tuesday flying back out, again through CGK. Do I need to buy a visa upon entry?

I'm missing something here. On Saturday, I'll be flying into CGK and on Tuesday flying back out, again through CGK. Do I need to buy a visa upon entry?

There was never any problem with people entering and exiting through the same port. The problem was with open jaw travelers arriving in a free VOA port and trying to exit from a non-free VOA port.

Your question should be covered in photog's original post, or the Indonesian or Canadian visa info websites. If you are Canadian on a purely tourist visit and staying under the prescribed time limit, you should not need to buy a visa. You can always ask at Immigration if you are unsure. In DPS they were waiving everyone with passports valid for the free VOA program past the visa desk.

No.

As of Dec. 1 it wasn't a problem to arrive and depart Indonesia at the same airport. Also not a problem to arrive DPS and depart CGK, or arrive CGK and depart DPS. The only problem divers have experienced is when they depart MDC (which does/did not offer free VOA) having arrived in Indonesia at one of the airports that offered free VOA. But apparently that is solved. Until something changes again.:(

This is almost as bad as US tax laws.

Thanks, now I don't need to worry about bringing more US dollars than I need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom