Inflator oring size.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverspoint

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have been replacing some inflator hose connector orings the past months, as a number were getting bad all at once.

I had problems with the "normal"size AS 010 and 011. Too thick, too big, too small etcetera.

Then I ordered another size, namely metric 7.5 x 1.5 mm. I had read somewhere that would fit as well.

They went in much easier, and no problem at all with the inflator. Not sure they will last langer or shorter, but I am happy with the result.

Anyone else had the same results?

-011 is the size I usually use and have done so without issue. The metric seals you ordered should work well and I look forward to your findings.

Another standard (non metric) size to consider would be a -903 as it has the same i.d. as the -011 @ 0.301 (7.65 mm) but just a bit thinner cross section @ 0.064 vs 0.070 (1.63 mm vs. 1.78)

I have tried both 010 and 011, and the 011 kinda works, but it is the thickness that it is a problem.

When I tried to connect the inflator it would not go on easy, and sometimes it broke again right away.

I knew I had seen a different size somewhere here on the board, but I could not find it again.
So I just tried to measure an old Oring, and the 7.5 x 1.5 came closest. I did not know the 903 size though. Then again, maybe different manufacturers use different sizes oring.

I have tried both 010 and 011, and the 011 kinda works, but it is the thickness that it is a problem.

When I tried to connect the inflator it would not go on easy, and sometimes it broke again right away.

I knew I had seen a different size somewhere here on the board, but I could not find it again.
So I just tried to measure an old Oring, and the 7.5 x 1.5 came closest. I did not know the 903 size though. Then again, maybe different manufacturers use different sizes oring.

How nice to see an o-ring seller, presumably who knows something (or should) about common scuba o-ring sizes, use this thread as an advertisement while offering zero advice or help to the OP. :shakehead:

Try the 903 as couv suggested, it will probably work. I think I use that size for the oddball SP regulator hose swivels, when most hoses are a standard 011. I think....it's been a while.

I had the same problem. The jacket manufacturer is no longer in business. I found an O-ring online, but the minimum order was 1,000. My local dive shop provided some none standard O-rings for me to try; one fitted.

I had the same problem. The jacket manufacturer is no longer in business. I found an O-ring online, but the minimum order was 1,000. My local dive shop provided some none standard O-rings for me to try; one fitted.

McMaster-Carr

McMaster-Carr

Had the same problem quite often. Since most of the hoses were otherwise okay, I used the LP hose 011 o-rings from my vintage regs which had been become thinner over the time.
Not perfect, but for a while I could use them if they hadn't become too stiff..........
Here in Europe I had that problem not so often, but I will check the 7,5 x 1,5mm o-ring.
Thanks for the hint and of course also Couv for the 903 idea!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom