Inflator hose veocro strap not attached?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bgi

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Background: I've been a happy Zeagle Escape owner for 2 years. Wish it had steel D-rings, but happy. My wife just got a Laser to replace a tropical BC that has insufficient lift for cold water diving.

I was surprised to see that the inflator hose velcro strap wasn't attached to the main shoulder strap. It's free to fall out and get lost. After getting over my initial disappointment, I thought about it for a bit and it made sense to be able to move it around to exactly where you want it. Alternatively, if the shoulder strap assembly is common to multiple BC products, then the product-specific inflator hose strap could be slipped in at the last minute to save on manufacturing costs. I dunno - just guessing.

However, it seems to me that it would make sense to add even more velcro to secure this small strap to the main strap. A small patch of velcro on the inflator hose strap to mate to a larger vertical strip of velcro on the main shoulder strap that would permit custom positioning. Does this make sense? My LDS has replaced several that have been lost. I think I'll sew my wife's hose strap in place.

regards

The hose holder was changed to make it movable, so that a person could move it to the spot that works best for them.

We are actually in the process of making a change that will hold it on better, but if it is wraped around the corrugated hose and velcroed together, it should not pop loose or fall off as it is.

Thanks,

Scott

My mom dives with a Stiletto and hers came off on a dive. When we went down it was there. When we came up it was gone. Don't know why or how it came loose. It is nice to be able to move it around, but she wasn't very happy about it coming off during the dive.

It's easy enough to make a mistake and not secure it properly or have something brush up against it to break the velcro loose. Then it can easily float away...

regards.

Back
Top Bottom