Inflator hose length?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eeeediver

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm sure that this has been asked before, but I can't find an answer anywhere. I'm changing the corrugated hose on my wing to one that is 12", the one that I have is simply too long for me. On average, what is the best length for the low pressure hose connecting to the power inflator for this set up? BTW, this is for single tank, if that makes any difference. I have found a LP hose that is 15", but I'm afraid it might be too short, my other option is an 18" miflex hose, but it's a bit pricey if it is too long.

So... Anyone with a 12" corrugated hose, what length LP hose works best for you?

Best way is to measure your own set-up. Regulators, single vs. doubles, tank position, etc can all come into play. For example, since you mention this is for a single tank rig, my single tank LP hose is a couple of inches longer than my double tank set-up.

But then that changed when I moved from Zeagle DS-IV first stages to ScubaPro MK20s.

Okay, thanks Don. The 15" hose seems like it will work, which is good because I can't think of any advantage of using a miflex hose. I use them for my regulator hoses, but the extra flexibility seems pointless for an inflator hose.

Thanks again

The best way to configure your LP Inflator hose length is to unscrew your hose from your first stage, but leave it hooked up and routed to your inflator. Then don your gear, and have someone measure how much more or how much less hose you need to connect it back into your first stage. Add or subtract that from your existing hose, and viola! there's your answer. Although many shops only stock a few lengths, you can get LP Inflator hose in any length you want from a number of sources, including ScubaGearPlus.

As mentioned above measure it to fit. That said, I have a 15" low pressure hose for use with my 12" corrugated hose and it fits perfect on an Oxycheq Mach 5 wing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom