Inflator hose, coupling stays "open", where to buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agro

Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking for an inflator hose, where I don't have to pull the coupling to connect it. The coupling's ring stays in an open position, I only have to press the coupling onto the nippel, then the ring jumpes forward and the coupling is closed.

There is an adapter working this way Xs scuba EZ QD Adapter anfugen und sonderangebote, Scubastore that's not what I am looking for. I need a hose having this kind of coupling fixed on it.

I once had such a hose, so it does exist.

Where to buy today? Thanks.

What would be the problem using a standard LP hose with the adapter you describe. I use that adapter for my drysuit hose and it makes it much easier to hook up.

One additional o-ring.
Longer stiff part.
Both are no options for me.

You might want to check with Piranha to see if this works the same way.
Quick Disconnect Inflator Hose 18 Inches , Piranha Dive Shop |
The description at that link says it does not work as desire by the OP.
upload_2020-5-1_12-24-16.png

The description at that link says it does not work as desire by the OP.
View attachment 583691
That is why I suggested he contact Piranha as the description tends to be conflicting as that is the way all inflator hoses attach and this is meant to be easy. It is possible that once pulled back it doesn't spring forward until connected, again that is why I said to check with Randy to see what makes this one different.

I am looking for an inflator hose, where I don't have to pull the coupling to connect it. The coupling's ring stays in an open position, I only have to press the coupling onto the nippel, then the ring jumpes forward and the coupling is closed.

There is an adapter working this way Xs scuba EZ QD Adapter anfugen und sonderangebote, Scubastore that's not what I am looking for. I need a hose having this kind of coupling fixed on it.

I once had such a hose, so it does exist.

Where to buy today? Thanks.
A CEJN hose might fit.....depends on the male end of the connection. Some do, some don't.
I really don't see why you must have the hose, rather than the adapter you link to, which is the exact solution.

I think I once had a hose like the OP described.

I just tried 13 old inflator hoses, but none of them just popped on without retracting the sleeve.

DGX has an adaptor that does exactly what you describe you want. Installs on the end of a regulator hose. I keep one in the save a dive kit as it can be used as a BC hose, a drysuit hose, or take the adaptor off and it is a regulator hose. I also use them for the drysuit quick connect.

DGX has an adaptor that does exactly what you describe you want. Installs on the end of a regulator hose. I keep one in the save a dive kit as it can be used as a BC hose, a drysuit hose, or take the adaptor off and it is a regulator hose. I also use them for the drysuit quick connect.
I also use the DGX version of theat XS adaptor on my normal BC hose and like it.

I also have DGX's Reg-Hose to male BC adapter on my LP "spares" hose, otherwise configured like yours. I also use DGX's other style female BC adapter on my 1st stage for attaching my drysuit inflator hose for those rare occasions I go dry. My "spares" hose can be put into service whole or in parts for BC, drysuit, or reg purposes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom