Infinito....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saturated

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any links to Infinito info(in english). Not having much luck. Also does anyone no anybody in florida in possesion of one......

... but there should be one at Padiscubapro's Rebreather meeting tonight.
Check a couple of threads back.

He has one on order, and by tomorrow you ought to be able to post questions. Maybe we get lucky and he'll have some pics to go with the info.

Anyway, about that unit he's the guy to ask.

saturated once bubbled...
Does anyone have any links to Infinito info(in english). Not having much luck. Also does anyone no anybody in florida in possesion of one......

I have had access to an infinito for some time now.. I have one in my possession at the moment.. its a bit beat up, but works like a charm.. My friend took a couple of pics, and If I get a chance I'll take some myself..

I'll have my personal unit shortly.. (I'm a few $$ short of paying it off).. I can answer alot of questions on the unit, a few I can not due to non disclosure agreements until certain features are officially announced..

I'm getting my unit so I can get enough time to get instructor rated by the official launch.. at the moment there are only 2 people qualified to train users..

The system closed circuit electromic automixer has two bottles, one of oxygen and the other a diluent, positioned on two sides of the structure or, alternatively, under the same structure with one support stirrup.

Provided with a bouyancy compensating jacket custom made to order with integrated weight pockets.

Control modules:

The system is supplied with 3 sensors for oxygen, 1 transducer of variable depth from 5 to 20 bars (to second of requirement operated to you) and a sensor for the temperature of inner the respirable gas. (my note, this has to be how they do C02 monitoring based upon temperature)

The information on the depth, pp02 the 2 average, pp0 the 2 eparated for everyone of the 3 sensors, the temperature of the breathed gas and the voltage of the batteries come all visualized on the System Monitor.

Main Characteristics:

Weight: from 15 to 22 Kg

Height: 550 milimeter

Width:330 milimeter

Depth: 195 milimeter

Scrubber Canister: from 1.75 to 2.5 Kg

Counterlung volume: from 6 to 8 liters

Jacket: S, M and L

Materials available: Aluminum, Steel and Titanium

Modules of control: Led luminous

Source of energy:

Batteries alkaline or lithium measure C

INFINITO it is a registered trademark of: Powerbreathe Aerospace and Marine Technologies joint-stock corporation.

DrySuitDave once bubbled...
and a sensor for the temperature of inner the respirable gas. (my note, this has to be how they do C02 monitoring based upon temperature)

nope

There will be multiple configs available, with varying scrubber sizes.. there is one considerably larger than indicated on your specs..

If all goes as planned there will be TWO new infinitos (fully tricked out) at Zero G, this year....
Keep an eye out for official info from Zero G.

I cant give out many specifics yet, but some of the new additions are revolutionary and have never been done by anyone else..

I've seen the pics floating on the net, both with side- and bottom mounted gas supply, but not much info.
Single or dual computer(s)?
Single or dual, electronic or analog display(s)?
Just display(s)/controller(s) or integrated computer(s)?
Setpoints adjustable UW?
Gas switching capability?

Just a few questions that come to mind. :)
Not that the answers are all that important at that price ... ;-0

Addited: You would happen to be in Long Beach for the Scuba Show later on this month with the Infinito? The ANDI boys of SSA have a booth and probably would love to check out that rig. So would I. :D

Forgot about that little all important mark. If it hasn't yet my guess is that it will, as they couldn't sell it in their own market without. :rolleyes:
Can you imagine a Twinfinito ... :wacko: , it'll have the nickname 'Sorry Kids' in regards to the lack of inheritance. ;-0

Where've you been, started missing you. Putting in extra time to finance one of those rigs? :wink:

Yea, new job, long hours, long commute, no browsing at customer sites

I'll stick with the "Molespiration", Can replace that several times over every year for the price of an Infinito. The Italian Navy may cough up that much for rebreathers, but the average Sports diver wont, so they just wont sell that many. But as from October they need CE to even be able to sell to the Italian Navy

I suspect the Inspiration will have its new handsets, electronics and double CO2 monitors long before the infinito hits the streets in CE guise

Madmole, I hate it when you tease me like that....

My main complaint is the handset screen is too small for my now middle aged eyesight. So what is in store with the difference in electronics and the handsets?

Back
Top Bottom