Inexpensive Lodging

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dreymers

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm planning a trip to Belize next Spring (flexible schedule). I have a month vacation but limited cash, so the less expensive the lodging the longer I can stay and dive. I'm a single male traveling alone, and have no problem with 'roughing it'. I've never been there before, but am thinking Ambergris and Placencia.

Can anyone recommend inexpensive lodging, hotel, hostel, camping, or other?

Thanks!

Can't help you with Placencia, but on AC your best bet is Pedro's Inn Pedro’s Inn — Cheap Vacation San Pedro Belize. Other options include Ruby's, Martha's, Conch Shell.

Don't just accept the first "offer" of diving that's made to you, but come here and look around. Whatever rate you're quoted by a third party you'll be able to better directly.

We stayed on Caye Caulker and there was plenty of inexpensive lodging available. The local diving was OK but you are actually closer to the further (better) dive sites than from Ambergris. I imagine there is more "going on" on AC though as CC was very quiet, but had a nice laid back backpacker feel to it.

I have heard the same about Caye Caulker as well. Can anyone suggest a few to look into? The wife and I are heading down in March for 10 days and not needing any real ammenities but looking to dive, chill out on the beach and have a few adult beverages.

Thatch Caye offers camping and is very flexible about pricing for that. It also has a nice array of sea kayaks and snorkel equipment available for flexible prices and can do dives reasonably as well if a group is going out and you tag along.

Stay on Caye Caulker at Leeside, right on the , well, leeside of the island, beautiful sunsets, walk across the "street" to Belize Dive Services for wonderful diving. Leeside offers AC, microwave, cable TV, in room coffee, refrigerator, comfy beds. Also each room has The owner lives upstairs, and has been on CC a long time and has great stories to tell. The crew at BDS are superb, they do not do the BH but will set you up. Great local dives, and very safe, and they will do everything for you that they can to make your dive trip special. They offer advanced classes as well as certifications.

I go back every year. Why? They have become my friends. :)

OOPS I meant to say Each room has a cooler to hold extra beer or take fishing and hold your fish. :) Got lost in thought there... dreaming of my next visit. :)

Back
Top Bottom