Inexpensive Dive Trip for Solo Woman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Illumita

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am thinking of taking a solo trip in for one week in late September. I am a woman in my thirties traveling alone and would like to go to a place that has interesting topside activities as well as decent diving. A new diver: I have logged only about 15 dives, and I probably want to dive about half the time. I am looking for either an all-inclusive resort or a cheap and safe hotel plus a decent dive operation. I probably want to spend a total of $700 for the week (if possible). Any recommendations are appreciated! :)

Hmmmm, just looked at your profile and you have been to Bonair, Honduras, Cennote and Florida and you only have 15 dives in? $700 is pretty cheap but I would think your best bet would be Cozumel, of course that would not include airfare.

Bruce

I concur with the nomination to Cozumel, plenty of basic value Hotels, always dingflight deals from NY, For a dive OP I have been with Papa Hogs for a decade, before that I dove someone different every trip, they are all priced about the same, I'm pretty sure they have a dive and Hotel deal. Good luck.

Diving,food,room for $700 ....not going to happen in the Bahamas. If thats your budget....I have to vote for Cozumel too.

Thanks so much for your suggestions and concern! I just found a round trip air from NY to Freeport, plus 5 nights at Port Lucaya Resort for $560, which leaves me with plenty for a couple days of diving and eating. I think I'm going to do it. :)

You must go to Rum Runners.....good cheap food and great drinks. Tell BJ the bartender Scotty from Blue Iguana Charters said hello.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom