Indy hydro facility?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UWDoc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know of a hydro facility in or around Indianapolis that does the "+" rating on low pressure cylinders? The facility my LDS uses doesn't offer it (I think they use Southern Indiana Scuba). I have used Koorsen in the past but they don't do it either. It's not a huge issue, I would just like to keep the rating. Thanks.

I believe the answer is no. I only have one LP cylinder that I bought used and it's already lost its plus, so I'm certainly not a source of information. However, I have quite a few buddies who have LP cylinders and I've heard that there is no place convenient to Indianapolis that will do a hydro and maintain the + rating.

Does anyone know of a hydro facility in or around Indianapolis that does the "+" rating on low pressure cylinders? The facility my LDS uses doesn't offer it (I think they use Southern Indiana Scuba). I have used Koorsen in the past but they don't do it either. It's not a huge issue, I would just like to keep the rating. Thanks.

I work at DSIW and our hydro facility will do + ratings, if it qualifies.

I work at DSIW and our hydro facility will do + ratings, if it qualifies.

Jason ... I'm pretty sure UWDoc is a customer of DSIW, or at least I think he was in the past. You may want to PM him. If you guys can in fact do + hydros, he either has old info or received incorrect info.

What does "if it qualifies" mean? What are the rules used to determine if it qualifies? I'm just curious.

Jason ... I'm pretty sure UWDoc is a customer of DSIW, or at least I think he was in the past. You may want to PM him. If you guys can in fact do + hydros, he either has old info or received incorrect info.

What does "if it qualifies" mean? What are the rules used to determine if it qualifies? I'm just curious.

As am I????

I am not qualified to Hydro cylinders, but I believe the cylinder had to start as a plus rated cylinder, the expansion has to be within a more stringent spec and an extra pressurization test must be performed. The cylinder can pass the hydro but fail the plus rating.

I'm not 100% certain but it's my understanding that this is so. I hope this clears some things up and lets everyone know that the rating is available for an extra charge. I'll be in the shop tomorrow so I can put a call in to Brooks and get an exact answer for you guys.

Let me know if you have any more questions about our services, I'll answer any questions I can.

Southern Indiana scuba will do a plus rating. At least that is what I was told by the owner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom