Industry’s First-ever Online Dive Computer Training Class Set to Launch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Krause

Contributor
Reaction score
San Leandro, California (just south of Oakland)
New program, spearheaded by Oceanic Worldwide, is designed to help new divers and student divers to learn how to use the Veo 100 dive computer in a simple, interactive and effective way

SAN LEANDRO, CA - October 06, 2009 – Last month’s widely applauded announcement by a leading SCUBA training organization is helping re-shape how dive retailers and divers view and utilize dive computers in Open Water SCUBA training.

Oceanic Worldwide has always been on the leading edge of computer and diving technology. As part of its leadership role in the dive industry, Oceanic is helping to produce effective and relevant online training programs involving SCUBA computers to assist the industry as it evolves to the next stage of educational technology.

Oceanic, together with its online training development partner DiveNav, unveils the first online dive computer course, specifically highlighting the Oceanic Veo 100 dive computer. The Veo 100 Specialty Class is the FIRST ever available online dive computer class designed to teach divers how to use a SPECIFIC dive computer. Professionally made, interactive and effective multimedia audio / visual packaged in a cost effective online class that will make for an enjoyable user experience. Once taken, the Specialty Class doubles as an online multimedia Operating Manual that can be consulted from anywhere around the world.

The Veo 100 Online Specialty Class Demo may be seen now at YouTube - Veo 100 Specialty Class

"Together with DiveNav, we have designed this class specifically for retailers", said Doug Krause of Oceanic Worldwide. "to better allow them to incorporate the Veo 100 into their Open Water Training. While this specific class highlights the Veo 100, it will certainly NOT be the last online dive computer training program Oceanic will be involved with.”

"The Veo 100 is an easy to use, affordable and robust dive computer specifically designed for the new diver and the student diver", said Alberto Mantovani, President and CEO of DiveNav, "and we are honored to have collaborated on this project with Oceanic, one of the most innovative companies in the scuba industry.", he concluded.

The Veo 100 Online Specialty Class is available HERE.

About Oceanic Worldwide
Founded in 1972, Oceanic is a California-based company and one of the largest dive equipment-manufacturing corporations in the world. Its high performance instruments, regulators, buoyancy compensators, masks, fins, snorkels, thermal wear, and accessories are sold by more than 600 U.S. dive retailers, and worldwide through more than 30 independent distributors and Oceanic affiliate companies in Australia, Singapore, Japan, England, Germany, and Italy.

For more information visit: Oceanic Worldwide - Research and Compare the latest Scuba Diving Equipment and Snorkeling Gear

About DiveNav
DiveNav Inc., headquartered in Tustin, Calif., is an innovative company developing the leading-edge eDiving® scuba diving simulator that enables the user friendly exploration of our oceans by the recreational and educational communities.

eDiving is available for free at www.ediving.us

-###-

That is cool, my son has that computer, and it would be a great help for me to know more about it, when he needs help....Any future plans on other models, I have a ProPlus 2, and I would love to have some training on it, I know it does WAY more than I can do with it.

...Any future plans on other models, I have a ProPlus 2, and I would love to have some training on it, I know it does WAY more than I can do with it.

We plan to release the ProPlus 2 Specialty Class in November.

Alberto

Haven't looked yet but are these classes also available in metric.

Haven't looked yet but are these classes also available in metric.

For now the classes are in English / Imperial.

When we integrate a dive computer into our simulator we support both imperial and metric settings.

Down the road we will see IF / WHEN to port a given class to metric / other languages.

Alberto

Back
Top Bottom