Indonesia Visa -- just over 30 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
I plan on visiting Bali and RA and my total trip is just over the 30 days for a VOA. Does anyone have recent experience with this?

The webpage of RI seems to indicate that the VOA can be easily extended:

The maximum stays permitted for the visa on arrival is 30 days. If you plan to stay longer than 30 days, you need to mention your intention to stay longer. Visa on Arrival can be extended for another 30 days.

I also plan to go back next year.

Thanks,

Bill

On one of my trips we went over 30 days and paid the fine at immigration while leaving. The guy taking the money didn't look to pleased, so the next trip
we got 60 day visa's ahead of time which saved us a few $ over the fine. They used to have multiple entry visa's also good for a year. Now with the new free? ( i wonder if it's included in air tickets now) they say you can ask for an extension, I've tried that before the new rules and they said no. I've never found anywhere out where I dive that can arrange an extension either.

Maybe someone has a more recent experience or knowledge.

I have a multiple entry business visa, which I use when I go for personal travel as well. Multiple entry visas, or visas beyond the 30 day limit need to be arranged in advance with the Indonesian embassy or consulate in your country that does the visa processing. It is not particularly onerous, but there's some paperwork and some money involved. If you overstay your visa, you run the risk of not being allowed into the country again should you wish to ever return, even if you do pay the fine upon leaving. If you wish to extend your VOA, it generally means leaving the country for 24 hours (getting a very cheap return flight) and then returning and getting another one. This is how most people I know seem to manage the situation.

Your best bet is getting a 60 day visa ahead of time from the Indonesian embassy in your country. If you want to overstay then yes, you can pay the fine of around $20 per day but.. I don't feel comfortable with that sort of thing myself.

Yes, there is also the option of extending your Visa on Arrival while in the country at any immigration office. HOWEVER, you cannot extend a free Visa on Arrival, you can only extend a Visa on Arrival that you pay the $35 for. So, if you plan on doing it that way you must be sure that you apply for and pay for a Visa on Arrival when you arrive (ie: go to the booth that sells the Visas before going to immigration)

Bill - If there is a Consulate General office SF you should be able to obtain a 60 day visa thru them. If not there is a CG in LA that will issue visa. Contact their office or web pages to see what areas they service. I'm in San Diego & just got a visa from LA office. Takes 5-10 days usually. Cost $50.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom