Indonesia closed for foreigners 01 - 14 January 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Via recent conversation with Mermaid Liveaboards, they are still optimistic about September. Might just be wishful thinking on their part. However, they pointed out a three-phase plan with emphasis on the Bali vaccination plan. They also mentioned a possible 5-day quarantine with testing on day 2 and 5 before being ``free'' to move around. Hopefully they arent just pushing info back until its too late to cancel or rebook your trip.

Via recent conversation with Mermaid Liveaboards, they are still optimistic about September. Might just be wishful thinking on their part. However, they pointed out a three-phase plan with emphasis on the Bali vaccination plan. They also mentioned a possible 5-day quarantine with testing on day 2 and 5 before being ``free'' to move around. Hopefully they arent just pushing info back until its too late to cancel or rebook your trip.
Wishful thinking, indeed!

I believe anyone paying anything before Indonesia government advises under what conditions tourists can enter is foolish.
Flights are also going to be an issue. No more transit through Singapore for many atm.

Per 6 July 2021 foreigners can only enter Indonesia if they are fully vaccinated. They have to stay in quarantine upon arrival for 8 days and undergo 2 PCR tests. There are no visa for tourists yet and this situation can last for a long time, I expect.

Sad. I wish well to all the lovely people I have met in Indonesia, including you, Indah, briefly in Halmahera. Stay safe and hope to meet again soon.

Back
Top Bottom