Indonesia Cave Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bump_Head

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Newly minted, baby cave diver here.
At 55 that’s just fun to say...been a long time since I’ve been a baby anything :)
Recently completed my Full Cave course in Thailand and through some internet searching found some dive-able caves existing in Indonesia.
Has anyone dove the caves in this country and perhaps has some opinions/recommendations for dive operators?

*Edit to add: Tried a search but last relevant thread was 2015 and was scant on information.

Hi Bump_Head,

During the 1990s, I dived in two cave sites near the city of Kupang in West Timor. Both sites were very interesting and are compared to similar sites that I have dived in the south-east of South Australia. I dived with a group of people from Darwin in the Northern Territory (of Australia). We hired cylinders and a small bus from a hotel in Kupang. The hotel service was very basic with us tourists running the dives, fixing up the equipment and buying lunch for the guides.

I tried to search Scubaboard for the subject of "Indonesian cave diving" without any great success. Can you please post links here to the threads that you found?

I would suggest that you do a Google search (or equivalent) because there is a quite a lot of information about "Indonesian cave diving", i.e. sites in Sulawesi etc.

I tried to search Scubaboard for the subject of "Indonesian cave diving" without any great success. Can you please post links here to the threads that you found?

Diver257a, sorry but I haven’t figured out how to capture and post thread links. If you search Indonesia cave, you’ll find a thread re: Looking for Information on Indonesian Caves.

I’ve tried the net searches and found an operation running courses and dives.
Sulawesi Dive Trek | Technical Full Cave Diving training in Indonesia. Based in Buton and Wakatobi, Sulawesi.
I’ll investigate further but was just seeing if anybody might have recommendations. There is a local Indonesian Cave Diving Association that may have information for me as well.

Thanks for the input.

Check out Rock n Roll Divers in East Sulawesi. Looks like they run cave courses and I'm sure would be happy to assist with some fun cave diving. However they don't seem to have a website, only Facebook and Instagram.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom