INDONESIA 2024 - TRIP REPORT, PIX, & VIDEO LINKS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
mail
We had a great time last week diving for almost two weeks with our good friends at Murex Dive Resort in Manado, Indonesia. Here's what happened and what we saw:
Enjoy!!!

- Ken​

I always love me a Ken Kurtis trip report and videos.

mail
We had a great time last week diving for almost two weeks with our good friends at Murex Dive Resort in Manado, Indonesia. Here's what happened and what we saw:​

Enjoy!!!

- Ken​
I'm curious as to why you guys didn't do this trip as "the Passport to Paradise", instead of being based soley out of Murex Manado.

Selfishly I'm so sorry that the secret is out. Prices at Bangka have significantly increased.

Sounds like a great trip. Glad no Covid this time.

I'm curious as to why you guys didn't do this trip as "the Passport to Paradise", instead of being based soley out of Murex Manado.

Selfishly I'm so sorry that the secret is out. Prices at Bangka have significantly increased.
Fair question. I don't like the idea of packing up and moving every three days, simple as that. This way - I trying to covince them to offer the "Ken Package" as standard fare - we get to experience both Bangka and Lembeh without having to uproot.

Fair question. I don't like the idea of packing up and moving every three days, simple as that. This way - I trying to covince them to offer the "Ken Package" as standard fare - we get to experience both Bangka and Lembeh without having to uproot.
I don't move every 3 days. I do 2 days max out of Monado, then move to Bangka, diving along the way of course. Then, I park at Bangka for minimum, a week, then move to Lembeh Resort for the lap of luxury, fab food and a couple of days diving in the muck. Then, sadly depart.

The best was 3 weeks at Bangka. Sigh

I always love me a Ken Kurtis trip report and videos.
Ditto!!

Ken completely understand the disdain of packing and unpacking (I very much of the same persuasion) ... would you not consider basing yourself out of Bangka rather?

Back
Top Bottom