Indoneesia Mpox Check/Form

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cert1967

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
MonkeyPox screening.

Since August 27, 2024, all travelers to Indonesia must apply for a health pass called “SATUSEHAT Health Pass” before visiting the archipelago.

“If there is a positive test result, we will immediately place the suspect in an isolation room at the hospital for we have prepared the medicines,” the minister said."

And I few more points

Oh dear. I'm in my 70's and identify as a techno-fossil.:rolleyes: Am travelling to Indonesia next month (October). Am I correct in understanding that the following:

a) Indonesia Visitors Visa (less than 30 days)

b) Bali Tourist Tax

c) Customs Declaration

d) MPox Health questionnaire

can ALL be completed online, prior to my outbound flight?

Has anyone recently completed these online in advance of travel? Any odd glitches/snags in doing so?

I have a new cell phone that I use, but at a very basic level--taking screen shots of QR codes, then trying to find them on the phone would be challenging for me.:oops:

I am considering "testing the system" by doing a few practice runs online--don't know if that presents obstacles.............

Oh dear. I'm in my 70's and identify as a techno-fossil.:rolleyes: Am travelling to Indonesia next month (October). Am I correct in understanding that the following:

a) Indonesia Visitors Visa (less than 30 days)

b) Bali Tourist Tax

c) Customs Declaration

d) MPox Health questionnaire

can ALL be completed online, prior to my outbound flight?

Has anyone recently completed these online in advance of travel? Any odd glitches/snags in doing so?

I have a new cell phone that I use, but at a very basic level--taking screen shots of QR codes, then trying to find them on the phone would be challenging for me.:oops:

I am considering "testing the system" by doing a few practice runs online--don't know if that presents obstacles.............
If you are in your seventies you should have been vaccinated against pox

If you are in your seventies you should have been vaccinated against pox
Yes, as a young child in the 1950's, I had a series of inoculations, for example, smallpox.

My question/concern is with the technical part of doing a) thru d) online. For example, I have read that the MPox Health questionnaire requires the applicant to include their airplane seat #. I don't prepay or choose seats in advance. So the window for completing the survey has narrowed to 24 hours prior to an outbound flight.

Hi Brownie, I arrived in Indo yesterday. Note that there is a difference between "can be done online" and "has to be done online".

a. Indonesia Visitors Visa (less than 30 days). You are correct. It is a bit tricky, but you can manage it. You had better print out the visa at home. Or just get the visa on arrival when you get here. That is a very straightforward process, but just one more (quick) line to stand in. You could also get a visa at a consulate before you fly, but VOA at the airport you arrive at is easier. The VOA at the airport is much much easier than the online e-VOA, for sure.

If you really are a techno-fossil, just get the VOA at the airport you land in. I did make a mistake in my online form, thought I had corrected it, but the mistake carried on to the final e-VOA, still here I am! :)

b. Bali Tourist Tax. I don't know about this as I am not going to Bali. It is something new for this year. But I'm sure it will not be a problem to pay at the airport.

c. Customs Declaration. I have a phobia for these QR codes myself. My phone does not even do this. There are kiosks at the airport. Just go to one of them (they are after the baggage claim, but before you go to the customs area) and answer the questions on the screen. At the end, you can print a piece of paper to show them. But this time in Jakarta, there was no printer, just a sign saying "take a picture" of the QR code on the screen.

"taking screen shots of QR codes, then trying to find them on the phone would be challenging for me." This is not challenging....come on!

d. MPox Health questionnaire. I doubt you were vaccinated against Mpox as a normal course in your childhood. But maybe you have. In either case, that is irrelevant. Just fill out the online form. About 4-5 very basic questions. Yes, they ask you for a seat number. As is typical, these online health questionnaires are meant to be filled out within 48 hours of flying, which is reasonable. You say this one says 24 hours, still very easy to do. Just print out the form at home and show it when they ask for it, after passport control, but before baggage claim. I had to try a few times with my printer before I got it to print at a reasonable size.

Hope this helps!

Hi Brownie, I arrived in Indo yesterday. Note that there is a difference between "can be done online" and "has to be done online".

a. Indonesia Visitors Visa (less than 30 days). You are correct. It is a bit tricky, but you can manage it. You had better print out the visa at home. Or just get the visa on arrival when you get here. That is a very straightforward process, but just one more (quick) line to stand in. You could also get a visa at a consulate before you fly, but VOA at the airport you arrive at is easier. The VOA at the airport is much much easier than the online e-VOA, for sure.

If you really are a techno-fossil, just get the VOA at the airport you land in. I did make a mistake in my online form, thought I had corrected it, but the mistake carried on to the final e-VOA, still here I am! :)

b. Bali Tourist Tax. I don't know about this as I am not going to Bali. It is something new for this year. But I'm sure it will not be a problem to pay at the airport.

c. Customs Declaration. I have a phobia for these QR codes myself. My phone does not even do this. There are kiosks at the airport. Just go to one of them (they are after the baggage claim, but before you go to the customs area) and answer the questions on the screen. At the end, you can print a piece of paper to show them. But this time in Jakarta, there was no printer, just a sign saying "take a picture" of the QR code on the screen.

"taking screen shots of QR codes, then trying to find them on the phone would be challenging for me." This is not challenging....come on!

d. MPox Health questionnaire. I doubt you were vaccinated against Mpox as a normal course in your childhood. But maybe you have. In either case, that is irrelevant. Just fill out the online form. About 4-5 very basic questions. Yes, they ask you for a seat number. As is typical, these online health questionnaires are meant to be filled out within 48 hours of flying, which is reasonable. You say this one says 24 hours, still very easy to do. Just print out the form at home and show it when they ask for it, after passport control, but before baggage claim. I had to try a few times with my printer before I got it to print at a reasonable size.

Hope this helps!
Hello @Madacub thank you very much for your thoughtful, comprehensive reply--it has been helpful and encouraging. I like to "follow the rules", but if there are simpler paths, well, that's for me (VOA on arrival).

Funny thing about taking screenshots. I have a new cell phone, and am familiar with 1 basic method of taking a screenshot. I looked at Youtube videos for my cell phone model, wanting to understand other methods of taking a screenshot--but the demos were difficult to follow for me, I was totally befuddled and confused.:oops:

Safe travels @Madacub wishing you a wonderful adventure in Indonesia!

Back
Top Bottom