Indiana Dive shop with TWO 25' deep pools

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

decostanza

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
(in full disclosure I'm affiliated with the shop I mention)
This is something that will be of interest to many different divers. Deep Blue Divers in Ft. Wayne just acquired a building that has two 31'dia x 25' indoor pools. The announcement went out earlier today and I thought I'd share a little info here for those in this area.

There is a lot of behind the scenes work going on to make it ready for the general public. We just put in platforms at a few depths for training purposes yesterday and have a lot more work that needs to be done. This will be open to the general diving public as well as independent instructors.

If interested, I would be happy to share more info here or feel free to PM me.

Best regards,
Don

What a great benefit for the shop and community.
One thing I miss about using rec center pools is having a 20'+ pool to conduct training in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poolannouncement.jpg

lol...yep,that is the flyer I put together for the shop (I do all their graphic work). They are in-ground and were used for testing sonar buoys. I will be posting some of the pics I have taken as we get them ready for the general diving public. Much more info forthcoming

My sons live in FW and I will be traveling there for Christmas. Where are they located? Will they be open at that location by then?

Just came from over there and while we have the platforms in one of the pools, there are several decades of silt on the bottom that we are cleaning up currently. Realistically, it "probably" won't be ready for the general diving public until March. If you follow the stores FB page (deepbluediversusa), I post a bunch of pics both topside and below the water line as well as updates there. We suspect that this will draw divers from not just the local areas but the surrounding areas...especially those that would like to dive during the winter months but perhaps aren't too keen on cutting holes in the ice. While some of like to play in much deeper waters, these are really cool to practice in. They will be open seven days a week.

We suspect that it will also attract a number of independent instructors since many of the pools in this area are becoming more challenging to conduct classes in.

For those that have pinged me for updates, here is the latest. The pools are coming together at a fairly good clip. We are over there everyday and some of us have gear that hasn't been dry for over a month. We are getting ready to install the heaters this coming week but it will take a week to bring it up to a temp that will be comfortable for BOW students. The pictures I have attached show us in drysuits as the water temp is 53 degrees and we're normally in for 2+ hours doing various things...some productive...some just screwing around.

This facility will be available for divers only...no water aerobics or non-diving activities. It will also be available for the independent instructor to utilize as well. Much more info forthcoming...
training well.jpgtopside.jpgandrew lobster.jpgdon.jpg
The first pic is from the bottom to give perspective, the second is a top-side shot ( the second training well is 6' away and is covered up) the third is a bud playing around and the last one is when I handed the camera off to a bud and is yours truly.

just curious - filtration system? Chlorination?

Back
Top Bottom